Laptops have become an essential accessory for work and for entertainment. But with all the laptop brands currently available on the market, finding the perfect laptop can be daunting. To help you, here is a short survey of the best laptop brands.
Acer is a Taiwan-based electronics multinational that is best known for its computer products, although it also produces other consumer electronics such as personal digital assistants and mobile phones, as well as computer-related products such as servers and storage devices. Acer was not a well-known brand in the US until 2008, when it introduced its Acer Aspire One line of subcompact netbooks to great success. At present it remains dominant in the affordable netbook market, although it has also released high-end netbook models in June 2010.
One of Acer’s most popular high-end netbooks is the Ferrari One. The bright red netbook sports the distinctive “Scudetto Ferrari” logo that has come to dominate Formula One racing. Ferrari One is a high-end netbook that boasts of the following features:
· A full-size Fine Tip keyboard which provides for comfortable typing even for prolonged periods.
· An integrated Crystal Eye webcam with PrimaLite technology that ensures crystal-clear images.
· Third-generation Dolby home theater provides an exceptional viewing experience when you watch movies and other prime content on your laptop, with the best sound and picture quality.
· Full connectivity over a variety of networks, including Gigabit Ethernet, 3G and Bluetooth.
Some of the Acer’s best selling models are: Acer AS5742Z-4685 15.6-Inch Laptop, Acer AS5742-7653 15.6-Inch Laptop and Acer Aspire AS5741Z-5539 15.6-Inch HD Wi-Fi Laptop.
ASUS is another Taiwan-based company that has become known as one of the most innovative in the consumer electronics market. Apart from its popular line of Eee netbooks, ASUS also produces mobile phones as well as computer components such as motherboards and servers. The Eee line was considered a pioneer since it helped launch the low-cost netbook market. Two of the most notable Eee netbook models are the 1018P and 1016P, two highly-portable laptops that are run by the Intel Atom N455 processor with highly energy-efficient performance. Other noteworthy features of these two netbooks:
· A 10.1″ WSVGA glossy monitor that displays crisp, clear images whether you are surfing the net or watching a Blu-Ray DVD on your netbook.
· Long-lasting battery life of as long as 10.5 hours to ensure maximum productivity before having to recharge.
· High portability through the netbook’s lightweight construction. The netbooks weigh just 2.4 pounds and have a thickness of less than one inch.
· Wireless N and Bluetooth v3.0 ensures high-speed connectivity wherever you are.
Top 3 best selling models from Asus are: ASUS N61JQ-XV1 16-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop, ASUS U35JC-XA1 Thin and Light 13.3-Inch Laptop and ASUS G73JW-XA1 Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop.
Apple is one of the most famous PC brands, most notable for its Mac line as well as, more recently, the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Since its founding in 1976, Apple has grown into one of the most admired companies in the US, with a devoted customer base. Its MacBook has become one of the most iconic laptops in the industry. Here are some of its most notable features:
· A 13.3″ glossy LED-backlit widescreen display that provides vivid color and exemplary image quality, with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
· The NVIDA GeForce 320M graphics processor provides a performance boost of 80% from the previous generation, delivering highly-responsive action for your gaming or viewing experience.
· The exclusive Multi-touch trackpad has no separate button, allowing you to conveniently click anywhere on its surface. And the trackpad supports Multi-touch gestures, letting you use one or more fingers to access the applications.
· Built-in connectivity features include AirPort Extreme 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR technology.
· Built-in iSight video camera with microphone and iChat software allows you to chat with anybody anywhere in the world or give a business presentation with excellent image and sound quality.
· Long-lasting battery life of as long as ten hours on one chage.
The best notebook models sold by Apple are: Apple MacBook Air MC505LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop, Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop and Apple MacBook Air MC503LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop.
Alienware is a fully-owned subsidiary of Dell that mainly assembles third-party components into custom-made laptops and desktop computers. Their laptops are notable for supporting graphics-intensive applications such as video editing, audio editing and high-performance editing. Alienware laptops are available in 11″, 15″ and 17″ models with featured options including NVIDIA graphic cards as well as the latest mobile Intel processors.
Three of the most wanted laptops produced by Alienware are: Alienware AM11x-826CSB Gaming Laptop, Alienware m15x-472CSB 15-Inch Gaming Laptop and Alienware m17x10-1847DSB 17 Inch Gaming Laptop.
Lenovo is a computer technology multinational based in China, which has become the fourth largest PC vendor in the world. Lenovo laptap brands include the ThinkPad, which was originally produced by IBM until Lenovo bought their personal computer division in 2005, and the IdeaPad which is entirely a Lenovo product. Lenovo laptops have gained a reputation for their excellent ergonomics, helping users avoid repetitive movement injuries, as well as stylish design. ThinkPad laptops are designed for professional users, offering 57% faster booting, Intel core processor technology and a wide range of connectivity and multi-media features, while IdeaPad netbooks are ideal for those looking for a lifestyle PC, since it offers multi-media applications and features such as OneKey theater, Dolby surround sound and high-end discrete Switchable Graphics and even 3D (with polarizer glasses included).
Top 3 best rated laptops from Lenovo: Lenovo G550 Series 2958XFU 15.6-Inch Laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 Series 064654U 15.6-Inch Laptop and Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 Series 064653U 15.6-Inch Laptop.
Sony Corporation has grown into one of the world’s largest conglomerates since its founding in 1946, and is currently one of the leading consumer electronics manufacturers in the market. Sony’s VAIO notebooks have become known for their luxurious designs and high performance, although their models are in the higher-end of the price range. Its EA series offers users the following exemplary features:
· A widescreen 14″ display with Wireless Display technology (on selected models) that allows you to stream content onto your notebook with stunning image clarity.
· The Media Frenzy suite of applications allows you to easily organize your videos, music and photos by time and event and even get recommendations as to what to listen to or watch based on your preferences.
· Access all the applications quickly with just one push of a button, even without booting the operating system.
Sony’s best selling models are: Sony VAIO VPC-EB37FX/BJ 15.5-Inch Laptop,Sony VAIO VPC-EA31FX/BJ 14-Inch Laptop and Sony VAIO VPC-EE31FX/BJ 15.5-Inch Laptop.
Toshiba is another iconic Japanese brand which
is currently the fifth largest PC vendor in the world. Its Toshiba netbook line has become extremely popular among PC users for their stylishness and high functionality. Some of the features that make Toshiba netbooks extremely popular include:
· A 10.1″ display that is extremely easy on the eyes and provides excellent image quality.
· A full-sized keyboard and touch pad that is very comfortable to use and allow you to easily work or surf even in the tightest of spaces.
· Extended battery life of eight to eleven hours (depending on the model).
· Exclusive features such as Hard Drive Impact Sensor to protect your netbook and PC Health Monitor to check your computer’s performance.